Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Tinted glasses

I think it's interesting how without realizing it, we talk to different people in a different manner. Or if they ask us a question, we judge them on why they're asking the question and will give an answer with some sort of hidden prejudices.

But on formspring, when people ask questions anonymously, I answer them without any kind of judgments because I have no idea who asked them, so I don't have to tailor my responses to who is asking the question. And in one aspect, I really like that and wish that were true in real life situations. It's hard to be completely unbiased in real life.

---
Another thing I realized: the way you see people/how you view them physically changes as you get to know a person better.

Maybe someone looked strange to you at first, but after you interact with them, you either get used to their appearance or you begin to associate them with other things about them, other than physical appearances. The best example I can think of is identifying identical twins--of course at first glance, they look the same, but over time as you know more about each of them, you begin to view them differently and you begin to identify unique characteristics about them. It's interesting how that works, even with the most identical sets of twins.

1 comments:

Minh Pho said...

nothing is holding you back from being unbiased in your responses in real life

Post a Comment